Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wooohoo!

The harness is done (pending customer approval)!


I ended up engraving my own rosettes, because I couldn't find anything pre-made that was the right size and color. There's definitely room to improve, but I like 'em!



 Stretching the breeching to better hug the Cleveland's hindquarters.


 I made an optional red felt back pad, for a pop of color.


 And, finally, the boots! I opted for hook studs here for both ease of use and for a clean look. Since they are going on the Cleveland mold and since I have the Cleveland mold, it was possible to get a nice fit with the hook studs. I am sad that it is so tricky to make truly adjustable boots using hook studs, because I think they are a great balance between ease of use and sleek appearance.








 The final product!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks gorgeous! I've never had any desire to own a harness before, but I certainly wouldn't mind being the owner of this one. Also, did you tuck the head on your Cleveland Bay? He looks more 'on the bit' and more well put together than the usual regular runs.

    LM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did tuck his head and adjust his feet a little. It was bothering me that he leaned to one side (hence the pegs), and I thought he'd look cute a little more put together! I'm thinking about sculpting on a mane, too, but I can't decide what kind of mane I want him to wear!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! And I love those boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous. Where do you get your leather lace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I get my lace from Amazing Lace. Takes a while to get here from Australia, but it's by far my favorite lace! (Plus: so many colors!)

      Delete