Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Apparently I Fail at Blogging

Wow, missed three days right out of the bag!

Oh well, this'll be a slow version of the 10 day challenge!

Day 2:  Name your model or barn

Whoops! Should have saved Humpty Dumpty's naming for today! I've started to refer to him as HD around the shop, so that can serve as his "barn" name for now. Instead of the naming (since I spoiled that last time!) I'll put up some pictures from his gruesome customization. 


 At first, he spent four years in my body box in a few pieces.


 And then, with the help of a lot of wire...


 ... a heat gun...


 ... and lots of Apoxie Sculpt...


 ... he finally...


... started...


 ... to come together!


 His chest was basically a big mush of plastic shards and needed a lot of work.


(Note: For some reason the italics function won't turn off for this section. Weird, blogger. Weird.) I was going to keep the factory tail, but it broke off mid neck-sculpt, so I decided to make him a new one.



 It kind of works as a counterbalance to his heavily-re-sculpted chest.





 In one piece... finally! I'm pretty happy with the final result, although I do wish I could have moved that elbow just a little closer to his body. His dock could also use a little elegantifying. (And "elegantifying" really ought to be a word)



 Here he is in primer! I don't have any nekkid pictures of him yet, but I will eventually. (Phrasing, boom)


 He served as the fitter and model for the working western set. Here he is in the hackamore!


 Super happy with that patterned braid!


 He's still a bit rough, and needs lots of sanding, but someday, I'll get around to painting him. Someday. :D

P.S. Sorry again for all the italics, I don't know what is wrong with blogger today! More blogging challenge coming tomorrow! Or the next day... you know. Someday. :P








No comments:

Post a Comment