Saturday, February 6, 2016

Western Accessories and Copperfox 10-Day Challenge

Wow, I haven't blogged all year! Haha, new-year jokes never get old!

 I've finished the extra accessories and bosal for the buyer of my most recent working western set! Yay! I was worried that all those extra things would look tacky (get it?) all together, but I was pleasantly surprised that it all went together swimmingly!


 I had the darndest time finding a rifle and canteen in a passable 1/9 scale, so I ended up making them myself. Learning new things every day!


 However, I'm the most proud of that bosal! The first one was so bad I just couldn't justify sending it to a customer (no really...


... the first one was reeeally bad!), but the second one was a lot better! I still have a little years of work before I can begin to imagine making bosals as gorgeous as Susana Bensema Young's, but I'm still pretty happy with only my second eight-strand braid!


 This horse started life as a second-quality ISH casting from Peter Stone, and was promptly chopped into pieces by myself in my dorm room one night with a hacksaw, an exacto knife, and a hairdryer. (This was before I realized there was more of an art to customizing than just hacking and slashing!)


He earned the nickname Humpty Dumpty as he sat around in pieces for about four years. When the buyer for the working set mentioned that the saddle would end up on an ISH, I just had to put him back together again for fitting and pictures!

Of course, he isn't white anymore, but the name has stuck, regardless. I'll probably paint him a light grey when he's all finished, just for fun. :D


There is a hackamore, too, but in my usual fashion, I forgot to include it in the photo shoot! Soon!

On an unrelated note, I realize that I'm a few days late to the party, but why not? Copperfox put up a 10-day model-horse blogging challenge. Maybe this will help me get back into more regular blogging!

Day 1: Inspiration day!

I find inspiration in a lot of places, but really, most of my inspiration comes from the noble beasts themselves.








But most of all, I'm inspired by my own semi-snuggly Land Dragon, the fabulous, grumpy, and mostly-lame Mr. Par. <3










I'll be back tomorrow for day 2 of the 10-day blogging challenge! And, hopefully, that'll set a larger trend for myself of more regular blogging! Happy 2016 everyone!

3 comments:

  1. The set is gorgeous(of course), but that custom is absolutely the neatest thing. I actually thought he was a customized Lonestar at first. I bet he'll make a great performance horse. It's too bad he isn't painted yet; between him and that set, you could probably take a pictures that would fool anyone into thinking it was a full scale horse.

    LM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've always wanted a Lonestar so he can be my Lonestar substitute! I'll get him painted... eventually! :D

      Delete