Saturday, February 14, 2015

Silly in Pink

I've been a little scatterbrained about projects lately. I've got a custom and a resin that I'm de-pinhole-ing, that breeching for my harness just sitting there looking at me, and a trick-riding doll hanging upside-down from my lamp.


I've also been working on this saddle,


This stablemate (I removed his mane for painting),


And these nifty little doll boots (chaps obviously unfinished). But, all these projects got a little heavy after a while. I decided that I needed to do something really silly and fun for a break.


Gaming tack is always just a hoot to make, and so these ridiculously colorful reins were born! (Of course, a full gaming bridle will follow!)


The browband is ready, in all of its sparkly glory (although I still need to rub out and re-do a few wonky stitchmarks),


And there will be some ultra-sparkly sports medicine boots to go with it! I think this will be a sales piece when it's all done. Yay for fun projects! :)

2 comments:

  1. I was just wondering how do you rub out stitch marks? Thanks, and I love the reins and browband!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually use the backside of my razor to gently encourage the leather back together around the stitch marks. If they are particularly stubborn, I'll break out my sculpting tools (the smoothing ones) and use those to massage everything back to normal. And sometimes, dampening the leather can help!

      Delete