Sunday, November 2, 2014

New English Saddle Set In Progress

There's a new saddle set in the works! I'm really excited for this one. This is the first English saddle I've actually finished!



I especially love the little brass nameplate on the saddle. I made those tiny brass nails myself, and I'm really happy with how they turned out! The little bridle tag is super cute, too.




These aren't the best photos, since I lost my real camera's charging cable and had to use the little point-and-shoot (which is vehemently opposed to taking pictures of things this size). Oh well, I'll get some better ones soon.

You can see here the beginning of some standing wraps. Braymere's Lauren's List post was the inspiration here. They're trickier than they appear! Once all the fastener issues get sorted out, they'll get monograms and a post of their own, and then it's on to the shipping halter!




 But, of course, this set will be finished before I permit myself to start that shipping halter! I'm going to make this set some interchangeable breast collars, nosebands, boots, pads, and the like, so that it can be used for a variety of English classes. Hopefully, it will all be done before Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment