Friday, November 21, 2014

Saddle Rats

I've always been impressed by Braymere's saddle rats, but until today, I had no idea how difficult it is to get saddle photos with rats!

I thought my new rats, Pia and Tootie, would just eat a snack and sit there nicely for a picture. 

Ha! Tootie wouldn't even sit still long enough to put the saddle on, so the only clear pictures are of Pia.

 But Pia spent most of her time running off of the white background to hide in my desk clutter, and she wasn't interested in sitting quietly or eating a snack in front of the camera! 

 Silly rats!


The choya wood was much more cooperative!

Phew! Perhaps with time and practice, they will learn the skills of a seasoned saddle rat! 

I'm thinking that I will put this saddle up for sale on MHSP separately from the set I intended it to be a part of. Then, I will make another saddle to go with the set. The rest of the set still needs time, but I have bills to pay before the end of November! The rest of the set is a bit more modern than this saddle, anyways, so I can make a more modern saddle to match the bridle, breastplate, and all the rest!

3 comments:

  1. It really helps to have a rat wrangler or two. Also, little drops of honey on the poster board can help keep them in place.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic tip! Thank you! Perhaps there is hope that they will learn the ways of a seasoned saddle rat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some rats just take to it better than others. Basil and Nutmeg were really, really good. Not so much with the two we have now.

    ReplyDelete