Sunday, December 7, 2014

Busy Saturday

This weekend has been busy! In addition to writing my whole term paper for my Russian class, I skived and dyed lots of leather (and most of my fingers!), and finished the bit-end half of a pair of side reins. Of course, the only photogenic thing I did today was the (half) side reins!


I'm hoping that the surcingle and last half of the side reins will come together tomorrow, if I have time. I'm also hoping to rework the lunging cavesson nosepiece mold to make casting faster, cleaner, and more efficient. My scale doesn't measure drops very well, so I get better results with my casting resin if I can mix up a slightly larger batch. This means making a larger mold that will cast a few nosepiece sets at once. Looks like the rest of the weekend will be as busy as the first half!

No comments:

Post a Comment