Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Lunging Set!

Weee! The lunging set is done!


The 6-year-old child in me is jumping around and around in excitement. Squeeeeee! 


 It fits GG Valentine nicely! I was building it on my Strapless, but her old broken leg re-broke when I was fitting the surcingle.


Poor Strapless. Her leg broke about four years ago when I was packing up my things to move. I glued it back together, but it wasn't a great repair. I knew the day was coming when that seam would give out. Oh well, it gives me an excuse to customize her a little, and give her a new paint job! She is currently in a leg cast so she doesn't fall over on my shelf.


But oh! I'm in love with this set, especially those little rubber donuts! They stretch just like the real thing!


I'm also in love with these nose pieces! I really should get a more metallic paint, or maybe some metal leaf, but I think the concept is great! I can't wait to get a better mold made and some even nicer pieces cast!


5 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I break a [model's] leg I drill a hole and insert a wire or nail shank...
    Congrats on a fantastic lunge nose! I wouldn't've thought of casting, then painting, a metal part; I'd just file it out of sheet, & solder if needed. For metallic paint may I suggest something I once used: Rub-n-Buff? Keep up the beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I definitely need to pin that leg! I'll have to check out Rub-n-Buff! (That gold enamel just isn't doing the job!) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete