Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Casting Adventures Continue

It wasn't easy, but I finally got a set of five teeny tiny pieces casted.


Aren't they so cute? Of course, I was too excited to leave them in their natal form for very long, so on went a few coats of gold enamel.


After stripping off the old nosepiece, I put the lunging cavesson back together (this time with a throatlatch, bit hanger, and proper keepers!)


I love it! It is not perfect, but I am so happy with the improvement. I am also excited that this casting adventure went more smoothly than the last one! At this rate, I'll be a casting pro in about... twenty to thirty years! ;)


And, of course, I was too excited to wait for daylight for good pictures, so a dimly-lit photo shoot promptly followed. There is still more to finish: black edges on the leather, a final coat of gloss on the nosepieces, and some fitting adjustments on the throat, however, I'm very proud of how it turned out already! Hooray for perseverance!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's really cool. I want one!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I am honored! You may of course have one!

      Delete
    2. :D

      If you're serious, I would love to buy a set (or two) of the cast pieces. They are so nifty!

      Delete
    3. I'm serious! :D Thank you! Email me at zafiricastudios@gmail.com and we can work this out!

      Delete