Thursday, December 4, 2014

Monograms, Oh, Monograms

I didn't have a lot of time today to finish up that lunging cavesson, so, instead, I thought I'd try something smaller. Monograms! I think monograms could look great on model tack, but wow, monograms are hard to do in 1/9 scale! Paint tends to bleed, and I'm not yet patient or skilled enough to actually embroider them! I had an idea I thought would work, so I whipped up a batch, printed them, and tried them on various items.


They were alright on standing wraps, although they only show up on white fabric. I'm very partial to navy standing wraps, so I still have to think about how to solve that problem! Also, I promise that my real-life leg-wrapping skills are better than my model-wrapping ones!


They were pretty adorable on polos, although, again, I had to stick with white. I do love white polo wraps, however! The texture of the paper worked best on the velcro tab, as opposed to on the flannel itself.


The monograms worked best on the saddle pad. My Microsoft Word skills are more obviously lacking here (I know I can arrange those letters more neatly!), but the paper meshes with the fabric nicely in this context. I think it was a good start along the road to scale monograms! Of course, now I have even more ideas to try... and, fortunately, only one of them involves actual embroidery!

No comments:

Post a Comment